Friday, October 07, 2005

Dreams
I was working with a whole writing staff on the script for a new Scooby-Doo feature film, only it was going to be done in claymation, like Wallace and Grommit. I was excited about this and thought of it as a genuine aesthetic advance; somehow this was going to help make the script urbane, multi-layered, relevant. I was unsure about whether to reveal that I've never seen a Scooby-Doo cartoon but it turned out that wasn't really expected. What I was supposed to contribute was based on my background in classic film and theater conventions, especially Shakespeare. It was going to be hilarious and brilliant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how this would read if it wasn't titled 'Dreams' and was written in the present tense.

I guess it's been done in fiction before but I like the idea of blogging dreams as if they were real events. - JH