Saturday, September 17, 2005

My house is full of people from Art's office, here for a cook-out. (I made potato salad, corn salad, bean salad, fruit salad, and a fig and goat cheese salad I'm anxious about--but I don't think I'll start offering recipes in this space, even if I feel it necessary to mention that I'm a really good cook.) I figure when I can't get the time to write in this journal I'll fall back on stuff I've already got on hand, like:

Quotations

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is my Elvis.
--Jeff Buckley
Judy Garland is my heavy metal.
--Jake Shears
I was thinking about those two quotes a lot yesterday, I don't know why; I suppose because I like people who substitute an eccentric influence for a mainstream one and do something that isn't absolutely radical but more off-center, not shocking but odd.

No comments: